Sensor including digital value processing and integrated self-diagnosis, for the continuous monitoring of the ambient air to detect combustible, toxic and refregerent gases.
The intelligent MC2 Sensor for detection of gases includes a sensor element and electronics with a measuring amplifier and a μController as well as a module with a terminal for the analog output and the external power supply. The μProcessor converts the sensor's measuring signal into a linear 4–20 mA signal (or 2–10 V). All relevant data and measured values of the sensor are stored fail-safe in the internal memory of the μProcessor.
The maintenance of the device can be done either by simply exchanging the sensor or by using the integrated, comfortable calibration routine directly at the system.
• Internal function control with integrated watchdog
• Easy maintenance and calibration by exchange of the sensor or by comfortable on-site calibration
• High accuracy and reliability
• Sensor with long life expectancy
• Hardware and software according to SIL compliant development process
• 4–20 mA (or 2–10 V) analog output with selectable signal output for Special Mode (fault, maintenance, service
• Reverse polarity protected, overload and short-circuit proof
• IP65 protection (when installed)